Friday, December 18, 2009

Hamster in the Wheel

I haven't written in a long while. I did finally get a job as a secretary for a really great company in the city. However, my romantic life is the pits. I have had too many one nighters and too few calls. And then last night was really pathetic. I was invited to a party but only knew one person there so decided not to go and instead hung out at the local tavern. I had a couple of drinks and then started drunk texting friends inviting them to come by and have a drink with me. I was basically all dressed up and feeling cute but lonely. Guys were chatting it up with me, but I wasn't interested in any of them. So I get a text back from Matt (an old friend that I thought would be fun to see). He texts that he will come join me. When he shows up, I realize I called the wrong Matt. Instead of my friend Matt, its this guy that I went out with once and then made great efforts to blow off. Oops. Well, I chat it up with him reluctantly catching up even though I really was unsure of how to get out of this one. Then another guy I texted (an old flame I recently got together with) says he can come meet me! I tell Matt that my friend who is in town from New York (true story) is on his way over. I tried to squeeze out of the situation gracefully but in the end I just blew him off rudely. When my New York friend arrived, I was so excited to see him that I completely ignored Matt. I do feel bad about being rude, but he did not get the hint. He just stood next to us the whole time while we caught up with eachother! Finally, he realized that Iwasn't the slightest bit interested in him and said goodbye. And, as for my New York friend he did not go home with me. On top of all of that, I overslept and was late for work. Am I the only one who just can't seem to get it right, no matter how hard I try.

No comments: