Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yesterday was Cloudy, but I got my Silver Lining


I wrote before about interesting places to meet men, but this is a new one for me. I had to go to the Emergency Room yesterday after stepping on a sliver of glass that I could not dislodge. So there I am in the ER when a handsome nurse walks in, "Hello, I'm Jake." Hmmm, "Really," I said, "Jake was the name of one of my ex-boyfriends. He looks at my chart, "Seriously, because Karma (not my real name) was the name of one of my ex-girlfriends." Do I think he was telling the truth - perhaps. He then proceeded to go through the general nursing questions and asked how it had happened. I told him that my cat had knocked a bowl off the counter, that I thought I had gotten the mess cleaned up, but apparently not because I managed to slice my heel open. He nodded and said, "So, you're a cat person, huh?" I told him that I actually was a cat lover and that I had just had a litter of kittens, but was down to just two kittens (and two cats). He asked if I was giving any more away because his daughter's birthday was this week. "That's funny. My son's birthday is this Friday." Another coincidence, I thought grinning (probably stupidly). Well, then after my x-rays, I was obviously appearing very anxious about the upcoming shot, and he offered to hold my hand while I cringed through the removal of said foreign object. I declined, embarassed because I was so anxious about the whole process. It did hurt like hell so I am glad he wasn't there to witness the amount of praying and yelling I did while the doctor put a needle in my foot. But he came in after to run through my check-out procedure. I gave him my number saying "Thanks so much and call me if you would like the kitten. She's really sweet."


He left a message already for me today, and I don't think it was just for the kitten ;).

3 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

I bet it was!

Padum pum. But seriously, that is a very interesting story. Coincidental as it may be. He speaks very smoothly from the sound of it. Be careful. People in the medical field are known for being adept at playing the field, so to speak.

Haven't seen you around my Silent Podium blog in a long while.

Miss Heather Leigh said...

Ah, very nice indeed!! Hopefully it works out for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man, is a must read e-book for all women. If you're trying to get over the hurt of a broken heart, trying to get out of a bad relationship or hoping not to get into one, this is the book for you. If you are lonely and haven't been able to find Mr. Right, wouldn't know him if you met him or if you've found him and are worried about keeping him, folks this is the book! If you are unhappy, suffer from low self esteem, are over weight and don't feel good about yourself or just feel like your life is going no where, this book can help put your life on the right track. It's a life changer for both single and married women. Do yourself a favor and preview the e-book at; actlikealadythinklikeaman.com