Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Path Not Taken


I am moving in a couple of months, so I have been going through my things and getting rid of stuff I don't need anymore. I am one of those people that has kept all kinds of things from my youth - old diaries, pictures, notes from friends, etc. I came across some old photos of me from my acting days. I was young, beautiful, and had stars in my eyes, hope for the future, belief in myself. What happened to that young woman? I wish I could go back and be her again. I wish I could make different choices than I made... different choices that would have led me to a different place than I am at today. I made so many choices that led me to this place, this person that I am today. I am lost now. I somehow got off my path. How do I get back on? I am going to be 37 next week. I am an out of work, lonely single mom. I never saw myself in this place. It's like I wandered off course. I don't know where I am supposed to be, but I know this place does not feel right. I want to find my way back and get on the right path, the path not taken. I am truly sad about my life. I want to have hope, to have belief in myself, to have passion and motivation. I keep searching, spinning, like a hamster in a wheel. I am now that woman who goes out into the world every day with a smile, pretending that everything is okay. What can I do to be that woman who truly believes it? How do I find the woman I am supposed to be?

No comments: