Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's a Small World in this Big City


St. Patty's Day always brings a huge assortment of partying folks out. And this year it was full of more zany revelers. My girl friend and I went out to the local pub party at Meehans and thoroughly enjoyed the festivities, imbibing way too much alcohol for our own good. But that is what St. Patty's Day is all about, right? Well, we ended up in the local strip joint late at night (as strip clubs are some of the latest clubs open here in Atlanta). The place was packed! It's not my usual haunt, but I think it is fun to go occasionally (only after I've over-consumed the beverages). So there we were flirting drunkenly with guys who were obviously there for other reasons, but my girlfriend is an on-again-off-again dancer (and I once danced myself about 15 years ago) so I guess we attracted some attention. We ended up staying until closing and going back to a good looking guy's house to party some more (yes, a wild night indeed). Next thing I know, my girl friend and he are in the bathtub together. Well, I just planted myself on the couch and called it a night. The next morning we all go to breakfast together laughing it up about what a fun night we all had. I asked (just out of curiosity) what he does for a living and he says he works at *(& Bank. Surprised I said, "Oh really, my brother Rick works there, do you know him? It turns out, not only does he know him, but he works in the office next door - GULP! We both laughed it off, but obviously it was embarassing for both of us. And both of us were deeply relieved that we didn't get together. Small World, indeed!

No comments: