Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good Guys Finish Last?


So I go out on date number 5 with Mr. Nice Guy. He is sweet, genuine, and very fun to hang out with. We went to a great dinner at a seafood place. The food was amazing; the company, good. Then we had tickets to a concert in a downtown music venue. We had a blast watching a very talented performer on stage; and since I had bought the tickets and suggested we go, I was very happy that he enjoyed it as much as me. We then followed up with several drinks around the downtown area. He got a little too drunk (I guess that was the Frat Boy side of him) and admitted toward the end of the night that he is really into me. Well, I really like going out with him and definitely have a good time with him, but I am not so into him. At this point (5 dates) I know this is not a match made in heaven. I just don't feel that zing that I want to feel. I am comfortable with him, no doubt, but I just don't feel like my heart will explode or that I want to dress up for him or do anything special for him. In fact, if he didn't call I don't think I would care too much. I guess I like him as a friend. And, of course, I feel bad about this. Now what do I do? Do I let him down easy and just let him go on his way? Do I keep going out with him until it just fizzles out? Do I admit that I see him as just a friend? Any suggestions? Is it true that nice guys finish last?

1 comment:

Miss Heather Leigh said...

I don't think all nice guys finish last, but it depends on what you want. After what ended up being a miserable and heartbreaking 3 and a half year relationship, I decided to try a nice guy. It's still pretty new, but honestly, it's the best relationship I've had yet. Maybe you should give him more of a try? Just a suggestion....