Thursday, September 25, 2008

RANT

Excuse me, but I want to rant a bit. I am tired of men and dating. I am tired of this damn economy. I am just plain tired. I try so hard, sometimes I try too hard to create a happy, fun life and lately I just seem to be getting nowhere, like the little hamster in the wheel. I feel completely depleted this week. I love my job because it distracts me from the realities of my life. The brides are always happy and excited to be trying on dresses for their upcoming nuptials. Most are thin and beautiful. And I really enjoy making them happy by helping them find the perfect dress. But sometimes it can get to me. They have enough money to spend thousands on a dress they will wear one time! They are thin and young and beautiful. Meanwhile I am over 35, trying to scrape together enough money to fill my gas tank. It is frustrating. I am trying so hard to make ends meet as a single mom, but lately it just doesn't seem to be happening. I am stressed and can't seem to figure out how to pay my bills. I don't want to get a new job, but fear I may have to if business doesn't pick up. And I just feel lousy that at 36, this is my life. I keep telling myself things will get better, but when?

1 comment:

Miss Caught Up said...

Things will get better, but you have to make them better. It really does put a damper on things when you have a job that doesn't pay enough to support your or your children, but you have to be proactive. Do things that will curve cost. Sell items you don't need. Look for opportunities that will provide a better income in the same field or similar. Maybe you can be a personal shopper, a shopper consultant at.. I don't know.. Nordstroms or Neiman's.. That would be a lot of fun! :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being 36. Never let society's influence dictate where you ought to be in life.